The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do in Y11

I'm going into year 11, throught year 9 and 10 I paid little to no attention im my subjects (This varied based on the subject and topic) but on the whole I missed a lot of content which I'll probably need to catch up on, as well as keeping up with the Y11 topics.

My grades are: 9,8,7,7,7,6,6,6,5,4,1 (I panicked on that last exam) And while some of those are good, it is easy to see which topics I paid attention in. For example in history, which I got an 8, I got full marks on one paper and around half marks on the other. I'll also add that I didnt revise at all for any subject aside from the one I got a 9 in.

So now I'm going into Y11 and I'm thinking what on earth am I going to do? How much do I need to revise? Do I focus on the old stuff I missed completely or the new things I learnt? Any advice is appreciated!
Reply 1
Focus on learning the new content, but when you start revising, spend around 1-2 hours in the evening/morning depending on schedule revising the stuff you missed and around 30 mins on the new stuff. With things like science, properly go over the first units, because they are the basis for which the rest of the syllabus is built
Original post by moodashoe
Focus on learning the new content, but when you start revising, spend around 1-2 hours in the evening/morning depending on schedule revising the stuff you missed and around 30 mins on the new stuff. With things like science, properly go over the first units, because they are the basis for which the rest of the syllabus is built

Yeah it's science that I struggle the most with, probably because of that. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest