The Student Room Group

Can I use gcse qualifications?

Because I haven’t done alevels due to the fact I didn’t quite know what I wanted. I went to college and started doing travel and tourism, I want to do politics and Portuguese. I want to know can enter any university with just my gcse qualifications?
Original post by Joissetemple
Because I haven’t done alevels due to the fact I didn’t quite know what I wanted. I went to college and started doing travel and tourism, I want to do politics and Portuguese. I want to know can enter any university with just my gcse qualifications?

No, you cannot enter university with just GCSEs. You need one or more "level 3" qualifications. Those would be things like A levels, BTECs, T levels, or an access course.

You say that you're studying travel and tourism right now. What sort of qualification is that? Is there any chance it's a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism? Or is it something else?
You can’t as said above you need a level 3 qualification most offers will read ABC or something like that basically you need UCAS points and GCSE’s don’t provide those what qualification will you get from your Travel and Tourism course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending