The Student Room Group

DWP Work coach EO Summer 2023 Reserve list

Hi, just been advised that I've been put on the 6 month reserve list (score of 27) for Edinburgh. Can anyone advise if this is just a cop out or does anyone actually get called within that 6 month period, really wanted this job but wondering if i should apply for an interim job hoping that i`ll get that call or go all out for a career job and put this down to experience.
Appreciate any help.
Reply 1
Original post by Neillybhoy
Hi, just been advised that I've been put on the 6 month reserve list (score of 27) for Edinburgh. Can anyone advise if this is just a cop out or does anyone actually get called within that 6 month period, really wanted this job but wondering if i should apply for an interim job hoping that i`ll get that call or go all out for a career job and put this down to experience.
Appreciate any help.

There is such a thing as the Reserve List and people do get contact for available positions, however you should know that the pre employment checks can take up to 6wks.
Reply 2
Hi I’m in the same position as you, scored 24 and so did my friend. We’re both in reserve lists. I know someone else who got contacted who was out on reserve list back in December and only got contacted in June with an offer, so a full 6 months after. There is a chance but who knows.
Reply 3
Hello, if it helps on some threads it’s noted that they’ll put everyone on the reverse list then makes offers from there. I believe that’s what happened on the role I applied for as I was put on reverse then a week later received an offer so it may be the case in your situation.
My friend was a work coach and was on the reserve list for about 4 months. I am guessing some people may quit early, not accept the offer etc. so you would be next in line
Reply 5
Hi guys,

I have been on reserve list (Executive Officer role) for two months now. And now the campaign I applied for it been advertised again. So, I’m not sure why they have not contacted me? Or shall I just forget about this job and move on ??
Reply 6
Original post by Jaaana
Hi guys,

I have been on reserve list (Executive Officer role) for two months now. And now the campaign I applied for it been advertised again. So, I’m not sure why they have not contacted me? Or shall I just forget about this job and move on ??

I would probably get in contact with the recruitment team and let them know, it doesn’t make sense for them to advertise it if they already have people on the reserve list
Reply 7
Original post by Jaaana
Hi guys,

Wondered the same thing
Reply 8
Original post by Neillybhoy
Wondered the same thing

Hey, how did you get on? I scored 27 (just got my results today) and of course reserve list for me too (655 campaign). Did you get an offer? I'm pretty disappointed now as it was a looong process, and now I'm literally at the same point before I start. I hoped to get an offer, but I'm unemployed at the moment, so can't really just sit and wait until someone will quit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending