The Student Room Group

LNAT advice

i've just started looking at LNAT practice essays and wondered if anyone had avice on the structure of them? in english and history we are taught to use fairly rigid structures (typically introduction, 3 paragraphs, conclusion). i was wondering if there is any guidance on whether using a specific structure is important in LNAT, and how to write an effective essay that will get me a good score. thank you :smile:
Original post by punkrockresumes
i've just started looking at LNAT practice essays and wondered if anyone had avice on the structure of them? in english and history we are taught to use fairly rigid structures (typically introduction, 3 paragraphs, conclusion). i was wondering if there is any guidance on whether using a specific structure is important in LNAT, and how to write an effective essay that will get me a good score. thank you :smile:

As a general recommendation, that is the structure I would stick to. You must however bear in mind is that LNAT essays are very short, at a recommended length of 500-600 words, so the introductory part will be very short to allow time to develop your points and to finish with a robust conclusion.

What I found best when practicing the LNAT essay was to first plan the whole essay (in roughly 5-10 minutes), and then write my essay in outline from start to finish. I would then go back and elaborate further on certain points where I had the time. This method ensured that no matter what I would be submitting a complete essay, even if some points ended up being briefer than I would have liked. Do try out some practices and see what method works best for you!
Original post by CatusStarbright
As a general recommendation, that is the structure I would stick to. You must however bear in mind is that LNAT essays are very short, at a recommended length of 500-600 words, so the introductory part will be very short to allow time to develop your points and to finish with a robust conclusion.

What I found best when practicing the LNAT essay was to first plan the whole essay (in roughly 5-10 minutes), and then write my essay in outline from start to finish. I would then go back and elaborate further on certain points where I had the time. This method ensured that no matter what I would be submitting a complete essay, even if some points ended up being briefer than I would have liked. Do try out some practices and see what method works best for you!

that's so helpful thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by punkrockresumes
that's so helpful thank you so much! :smile:

You're welcome; glad to be of help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending