The Student Room Group

Student Private Tenancy Agreement

I am currently doing a year in industry internship and living in a private student house. I no longer want to continue my internship and would want to terminate my tenancy agreement. Has anyone been in this situation and how did you come out of this? especially with the tenancy agreement. TIA
Original post by Omnifm
I am currently doing a year in industry internship and living in a private student house. I no longer want to continue my internship and would want to terminate my tenancy agreement. Has anyone been in this situation and how did you come out of this? especially with the tenancy agreement. TIA

What does your contract say?

Can you terminate your tenancy?
How much notice is required?
Do you have to pay?

It all depends on what you've signed
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
What does your contract say?

Can you terminate your tenancy?
How much notice is required?
Do you have to pay?

It all depends on what you've signed

There is a section in the agreement titled Break Clause.. it says Not Applicable. Hence not sure what it is exactly.
Original post by Omnifm
There is a section in the agreement titled Break Clause.. it says Not Applicable. Hence not sure what it is exactly.
Your contract will detail how it can be terminated. By you or by the other contracted parties. Keep reading.
Reply 4
Sounds like there’s no break clause so your commitment is to the full term defined in the contact. It might well be down to what you can negotiate, particularly if you can find someone to take over the remaining term
Reply 5
Original post by Omnifm

Hi! I know this isnt exactly in relevance, but I saw a previous post of yourself saying you wanted to leave your placement and to begin your final year instead. What did you end up doing? I’m currently in the same situation and can see no other posts about this or what the process is like if you do leave a placement. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending