The Student Room Group

Low Maximum Maintenance Loan

My student finance says that the maximum maintenance loan I can receive is around £6000. I am a student living in London and I come from a single parent, low income family, so the maximum I should be able to get is around £13000… I don’t understand why it is so low?
Have you submitted your household income information? If so when did you submit it?

SFE will award the basic loan first then 6-8 weeks after they get the household income information and evidence they will adjust your loan upwards
Original post by Piggo674
My student finance says that the maximum maintenance loan I can receive is around £6000. I am a student living in London and I come from a single parent, low income family, so the maximum I should be able to get is around £13000… I don’t understand why it is so low?

Hi there, Has your parent provided financial information and evidence of Marital Status? Thanks, Angela
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Have you submitted your household income information? If so when did you submit it?

SFE will award the basic loan first then 6-8

weeks after they get the household income information and evidence they will adjust your loan upwards

I sent forms with the household income on them a while ago but I haven’t heard anything, do I just need to wait 6-8 weeks?
Original post by Piggo674
I sent forms with the household income on them a while ago but I haven’t heard anything, do I just need to wait 6-8 weeks?

Hi there, We can check on the progress of the income assessment for you, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending