The Student Room Group

reapplying for uni with extenuating circumstances

does anyone know how much Russel group unis take into consideration an extenuating circumstances form if you are applying with lower grades than required and also if the year I received the grades will be considered as well(2023)..as it was such a shambles? I'm on my gap year and looking to reapply despite having deferred a place at a top uni I'm looking to stay closer to home.
Original post by e11i3123
does anyone know how much Russel group unis take into consideration an extenuating circumstances form if you are applying with lower grades than required and also if the year I received the grades will be considered as well(2023)..as it was such a shambles? I'm on my gap year and looking to reapply despite having deferred a place at a top uni I'm looking to stay closer to home.

The year you received your grades wasnt a shambles. The previous covid years were when teacher assessed grades gave top grades like confetti. 2023 will be similar to 2024 as the covid years are gone and will be similar to pre 2019. There will be less top grades as there always has been during exam years. Having 16% getting A*s and nearly 1/2 having As will be a thing of the past.

You might consider yourself unlucky compared to the 3 previous years but it is back to the days when despite teachers making daft predictions and 75% of students didnt reach their grades.

The real question to ask is why arent you resitting to get better grades. This is what a university is going to ask when you claim extenuating circumstances and would these apply this year if your took the exams again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending