The Student Room Group

Would having at least 2 packets of crisps a day help me to gain weight?

Usually I have 2 packets of crisps but today I had 4 packets of crisps, a chocolate bar and some fizzy drink.
Reply 1
Original post by Anony345533
Usually I have 2 packets of crisps but today I had 4 packets of crisps, a chocolate bar and some fizzy drink.

As long as your energy intake is greater than your energy output, then yes :smile:
Make sure it’s in addition to all your other snacks and meals, and don’t eat less at dinner because you had a packet of crisps earlier or something.
Reply 2
eating more calories will help you gain weight, yes
Reply 3
Why not eat more real food, instead of processed rubbish?
You will gain more weight when the number of calories consumed per day exceeds the calories expend.
Now the question is whether what you are doing is healthy? No, because a pack of crisps can contain hydrogenated fat, fizzy drinks and chocolates contain high amounts of sugar which is bad for health.
You should focus on healthier foods that avoids excessive sugar and have better quality fats like salmon(omega 3 fatty acids etc).
Reply 5
Original post by jonathan_Smith
You will gain more weight when the number of calories consumed per day exceeds the calories expend.
Now the question is whether what you are doing is healthy? No, because a pack of crisps can contain hydrogenated fat, fizzy drinks and chocolates contain high amounts of sugar which is bad for health.
You should focus on healthier foods that avoids excessive sugar and have better quality fats like salmon(omega 3 fatty acids etc).

I need sugar though as I suffer from low blood sugar and tend to look for chocolate/fizzy drink. I don't have it every day, I have it when I need it as I know later on in life I could have a chance of getting diabetes.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 6
I need sugar those as I suffer from low blood sugar and tend to look for chocolate/fizzy drink. I don't have it every day, I have it when I need it as I know later on in life I could have a chance of getting diabetes.

You can try and keep your sugars up in healthy ways too
Reply 7
I need sugar though as I suffer from low blood sugar and tend to look for chocolate/fizzy drink. I don't have it every day, I have it when I need it as I know later on in life I could have a chance of getting diabetes.

increase your fruit intake it has natural sugar which is way better

Quick Reply

Latest