The Student Room Group

Self-studying a qualification. What to put on UCAS application?

I am teaching myself maths and will sit the exams next June. It is not possible to book a centre to sit the exam this far in advance, so I do not have an exam centre name or number I can put in.

What would you put down on the UCAS profile in this instance?

Should I just put "Self-studying" or "Independent Candidate" in the box where you usually put the college name in on the application? Has anyone else run into this issue and what did you put down?

Thank you for any assistance.
You need to add an exam centre as a part time place of study for next may-august. Put the details of your best guess of the exam centre you will sit the exams with.

There’s a form on UCAS website to amend the exam centre later on when you know for sure
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply