The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How do you confirm your preferred name?

I did the online sign up thing and put in my preferred name. However, I've checked everything and can't see it on any of the system things. I get it won't be on all of them but I find it unusual I cannot find it anywhere at all. Where can I confirm my preferred name is in the system? I'd like to have it correct before my course starts.
Reply 1
Original post by ArcusActivate
I did the online sign up thing and put in my preferred name. However, I've checked everything and can't see it on any of the system things. I get it won't be on all of them but I find it unusual I cannot find it anywhere at all. Where can I confirm my preferred name is in the system? I'd like to have it correct before my course starts.

If it's still the same as when I joined, your preferred name isn't really used. I put the shortening of my name as my preferred name, but my legal name is on my student email address, student card, documents etc.. I'm not sure it's possible to get your preferred name used but it might be worth contacting the admissions team or student services to ask, if you would strongly prefer it.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending