The Student Room Group

Graduate Schemes before Master's

Hi, everyone. I have recently graduated from Newcastle University with a Bachelor's with Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering. I have been thinking about doing a Master's but beforehand, I want to get some experience in the engineering world. I was just wondering, I know a lot of people tend to go for internships before their Master's but can people do the same for graduate schemes - complete a graduate scheme before going for Master's, especially if you're a final year student like I was a couple months ago. I look forward to hearing responses.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by NeverGivingUp
Hi, everyone. I have recently graduated from Newcastle University with a Bachelor's with Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering. I have been thinking about doing a Master's but beforehand, I want to get some experience in the engineering world. I was just wondering, I know a lot of people tend to go for internships before their Master's but can people do the same for graduate schemes - complete a graduate scheme before going for Master's, especially if you're a final year student like I was a couple months ago. I look forward to hearing responses.

Yes you can do that, although you are probably unlikely to leave a job to do a master's. It's also easier to get a job if you already have a master's, particularly the competitive graduate schemes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending