The Student Room Group

Advice

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. I am going into second year and my friend and I agreed to move together. Obviously uni starting again is fast approaching and my friend didn’t reply to my texts or anything, and I didn’t want to let my friend down by signing for accommodation without them . They didn’t contact me for a while and today they replied saying they got their accommodation sorted and didn’t even ask me, so now I feel so foolish and I’m so disappointed that they’d do that, and the fact I’ve literally got nowhere to live for second year. I feel so hurt and silly that I worked around her and I’ve ended up in a worse position. If anybody has any advice on how I could go about finding accommodation or what you would do in this situation it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
So lesson learned. In matters important like accomodation, don't hold out for so called friends unless you have a piece of paper with contract written at the top and their name signed at the bottom.

It sucks but I guarantee you will make new friends at uni and will probably lose contact with your school mates by year 2. Don't feel let down. They were looking after number 1 and so should you.
Original post by Anonymous
Any advice would be hugely appreciated. I am going into second year and my friend and I agreed to move together. Obviously uni starting again is fast approaching and my friend didn’t reply to my texts or anything, and I didn’t want to let my friend down by signing for accommodation without them . They didn’t contact me for a while and today they replied saying they got their accommodation sorted and didn’t even ask me, so now I feel so foolish and I’m so disappointed that they’d do that, and the fact I’ve literally got nowhere to live for second year. I feel so hurt and silly that I worked around her and I’ve ended up in a worse position. If anybody has any advice on how I could go about finding accommodation or what you would do in this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

I'd get in touch with your university's student union ASAP. Often, they get multiple students who have gotten in touch saying they need one extra person in their accommodation, for example, and will connect the students to get them housed. If not, you may have to start searching around for studio apartments? Which can be more expensive and you may need a job to pay for the accommodation, but it's better than having nowhere to stay. Don't panic though. First, get in touch with your university to figure out your options :smile:

Hope this helps!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending