The Student Room Group

Can I do an EPQ on something covered in class?

I have been working on my EPQ focused on child development/parenting. I asked both of my psychology teachers if I can do this EPQ and if there was a lot of overlap, both said it is fine to do. Now, they both told me I can’t do it?? I’m so frustrated as I made sure to get permission beforehand but now I’m being told it wasn’t true… the only overlap is one bullet point about infant/parent interactions whilst I’m doing parenting methods… but in an EPQ you go into so much more detail than one bullet point in a specification anyway? Can I do any overlap at all? A teacher even told me I can’t do an EPQ on child psychology AT ALL…
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Zuza0202
I have been working on my EPQ focused on child development/parenting. I asked both of my psychology teachers if I can do this EPQ and if there was a lot of overlap, both said it is fine to do. Now, they both told me I can’t do it?? I’m so frustrated as I made sure to get permission beforehand but now I’m being told it wasn’t true… the only overlap is one bullet point about infant/parent interactions whilst I’m doing parenting methods… but in an EPQ you go into so much more detail than one bullet point in a specification anyway? Can I do any overlap at all? A teacher even told me I can’t do an EPQ on child psychology AT ALL…

hi i did my epq on athletes mental health in response to sporting injuries and i had overlap with personality/ attitude in PE and that didnt seem to be an issue - i would check aain with your teachers though to be sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending