The Student Room Group

Tablet or laptop for uni if I'm bringing a powerful PC?

I already have a pretty good pc which will be able to run any software I need for my course no problem, but that will only be for when I am home. On campus, I would still need something portable for taking notes and just doing some work in the library or something, and I'm not sure what to pick, hoping to keep costs as low as possible. I'm doing Aerospace Engineering in case it makes a difference
Original post by nulekpl2
I already have a pretty good pc which will be able to run any software I need for my course no problem, but that will only be for when I am home. On campus, I would still need something portable for taking notes and just doing some work in the library or something, and I'm not sure what to pick, hoping to keep costs as low as possible. I'm doing Aerospace Engineering in case it makes a difference

Hi, i think you really dont need more than one! If its your first year at uni just take ur pc, that way by second year you will figure out if a tablet would make life easier (if your course requires lots of diagrams and drawings ect then i suggest a tablet)
Reply 2
a laptop may beat a tablet for notes, but to be honest a large number of students use tablets. BUT to be really honest an even larger number of students just use pen and paper

if you want to keep costs low, use paper. if you think you need a computer, then whatever takes your fancy. its not like low end laptop and tablets necessarily have a price difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending