The Student Room Group
Aisha is long dead but she was 6 when Muhammad married her and 9 when he had sex with her (he was about 53).
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Aisha is long dead but she was 6 when Muhammad married her and 9 when he had sex with her (he was about 53).

For real

I know shes dead Lol, and from what I read you are absolutly correct just confused to why theres so much conflict with this question especially with scholars.
Reply 4
Original post by intheimageofGOD
I know shes dead Lol, and from what I read you are absolutly correct just confused to why theres so much conflict with this question especially with scholars.

Isn't it?! My days this raised an eyebrow for me still when I was sharing apologetics to some people
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by JVorJrose
For real

Yes this is for real and it's horrifying.

I don't believe there is much conflict, the majority of the Islamic world accepts she was 6 at marriage and 9 when Muhammad raped her. The alternative ages are usually an attempt to sanitise what was clearly the sexual abuse of a child to Muslim audiences in the West who would find that utterly abhorrent.
Reply 7
I don't believe there is much conflict, the majority of the Islamic world accepts she was 6 at marriage and 9 when Muhammad raped her. The alternative ages are usually an attempt to sanitise what was clearly the sexual abuse of a child to Muslim audiences in the West who would find that utterly abhorrent.

lil bro doesnt realise this was 1400 years ago
Original post by Zanquele
lil bro doesnt realise this was 1400 years ago

Course I do, but Muhammad is held up as the perfect example for all times and all people.
Reply 9
I am researching Islam and I am very confused with how old aisha was. I read the texts and it says 9 but I read the scholars and they say 19. i dont understand.

She was married off at 6/7, and the marriage was consummated at 9. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. The Muslim scholars have accepted this throughout history and now some insignificant people are coming and opposing this fact, perhaps due to feeling embarrassed in front of the disbelievers.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by I7V
She was married off at 6/7, and the marriage was consummated at 9. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. The Muslim scholars have accepted this throughout history and now some insignificant people are coming and opposing this fact, perhaps due to feeling embarrassed in front of the disbelievers.

Dammm I don't know how some people think this is alright you know

Why is bro applying modern ideologies to the past…

Latest

Trending

Trending