The Student Room Group

Will this be too hard?

I have some alevel choices:
•Maths
•Biology
•History
•Philosophy
•Further maths
Please let me know what combinations would be best, and without an overbearing work load, almost certain want to do something maths related in the future just not sure what yet, I enjoy all the rest but can’t pick 3/4 to be a sensible heavy work load
Original post by stressedrabbit
I have some alevel choices:
•Maths
•Biology
•History
•Philosophy
•Further maths
Please let me know what combinations would be best, and without an overbearing work load, almost certain want to do something maths related in the future just not sure what yet, I enjoy all the rest but can’t pick 3/4 to be a sensible heavy work load

If you want to do something maths related in the future it would probably be sensible to do maths and potentially FM.

Do you have an idea more specifically what you would like to do? What are your interests?
Reply 2
Just be aware that doing one science on its own isn't a great idea as many science or science related degrees need two - Bio with Maths would be fine, but Bio with two humanities etc is a less wise choice.

Very few Uni courses actually require FM unless you are going for a single subject Maths degree. It may not be worth the extra work.

No-one needs more than 3 A levels - no Unis require 4 and you dont get any extra brownie points for doing this.
Choose 3 subjects that you will enjoy studying and leave as many doors open for you as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest