The Student Room Group

uni jobs

im applying for uni jobs currently, i was wondering when it asks for address- should I put my home address which is on the other side of the country or my uni halls address
Reply 1
Add the most current address where you would be happy to receive mail the fastest I assume.
Hi there ,
if you are applying to work where you are currently studying I advise you to rather use your term time address , if that ever changes in the future you can just change it. Also if you are applying for Uni jobs and haven't used an agency before try UniTemps , most of their roles are flexible and will be easy to manage with your academic timetable.
Good luck and I hope this helps 😁
Cece
Energy Engineering
De Montfort University
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by anon12m
im applying for uni jobs currently, i was wondering when it asks for address- should I put my home address which is on the other side of the country or my uni halls address

Hi there, if you are applying for jobs near your University, I would suggest using your University Halls address so your employers know that you are able to commute to the work location.

However, when you move back home, you can always change your address back to the Home Address. Hope this helps.

Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by anon12m

Hey there @anon12m !

Whichever one you feel the most comfortable them having. I did always get paranoid that if I put my home address, employers would think I lived ages away so wouldn't offer me an interview. I have no idea if that's true but that's just always what I thought. I'd suggest putting your halls address but it's completely up to you, they almost never send you mail since most people do payslips digitally now but if you'd rather they have your home address then that's your call.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University.
As stated above, I'd recommend using your university address, again this gives employers and idea as to how far away you are from them as well as be able to add this to your records to send you any mail etc if they need to.
It is easy enough to change if and when you need to, so you don't need to worry about having a problem changing it over when the time comes.

Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 6
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there ,
if you are applying to work where you are currently studying I advise you to rather use your term time address , if that ever changes in the future you can just change it. Also if you are applying for Uni jobs and haven't used an agency before try UniTemps , most of their roles are flexible and will be easy to manage with your academic timetable.
Good luck and I hope this helps 😁
Cece
Energy Engineering
De Montfort University

THANKYOU i will have a look at the website now <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending