The Student Room Group

Had to withdraw from my course, what are my options?

I was on my 2nd year of uni, but had to withdraw (personal issues) as I wasn’t able to progress with my course. I have decent A-levels (ABB), but I feel very stuck. What can I do?
Original post by 910a109
I was on my 2nd year of uni, but had to withdraw (personal issues) as I wasn’t able to progress with my course. I have decent A-levels (ABB), but I feel very stuck. What can I do?

You have a lot of options so don't worry :hugs:
Might be one to chat with friends/family and figure out what you'd like to do. Could be nice to take a break from education for a bit and do something else. You can always revisit it at a later time and this gives you time to research other options or chat on TSR or with other Uni course students to get a feel for things.
I would suggest taking some time away from your studies and coming back when you're ready again, maybe getting a job in an area of interest would be beneficial while you figure out what you want to do with your life.
If funding is an issue I would get in touch with student finance in order to apply for CPR (Compelling Personal Reasons) depending on what's going in your personal life for example if it's do with your mental health or illness (a letter from a doctor) or for example you have had a bereavement in the family copy of a death certificate) can be used as evidence. They may be able to award you an additional year of funding if for example you need to retake the year.

https://knassets.sumsmanagement.com/welfare/advice/CPR.PDF (this examples much better than I have done but I really recommended looking into it because it's worth a try especially if you decide to go back at a later date)

Hope everything goes well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending