The Student Room Group

I've been told to pay 50% tuition fee before I start university

As I am a returning university student doing a 2 year course, SFE can only cover my 2nd year tuition fee payments so I have to pay the 1st year myself. I will be using my maintenence loan to help with this but my university have told me I have to pay 50% of the tuition fee in order to enrol and then the remaining can be paid in instalments. My course is £11,100 so 50% is £5,550 which I don't have lying around freely.

I was wondering if there is any options around this or if I could pay a payment of £2275 before I start and then £2775 when I get my 1st SFE maintenece loan payment.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by pc1999
As I am a returning university student doing a 2 year course, SFE can only cover my 2nd year tuition fee payments so I have to pay the 1st year myself. I will be using my maintenence loan to help with this but my university have told me I have to pay 50% of the tuition fee in order to enrol and then the remaining can be paid in instalments. My course is £11,100 so 50% is £5,550 which I don't have lying around freely.

I was wondering if there is any options around this or if I could pay a payment of £2275 before I start and then £2775 when I get my 1st SFE maintenece loan payment.

Talk to your university's income office/fees office about what they will allow. They may well agree to something like this, but they might want you to sign paperwork to this effect. Personally, I think it's a reasonable approach for you to take, and so hopefully the university will let you do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending