The Student Room Group

LNAT Palm Vein Scan

I have tried to register for the LNAT and it has asked me to consent to a palm vein scan, I understand this is an attempt to essentially stop cheating but surely there should be an option to decline this.

I don't understand why consenting to them storing your biometric data should be and inhabiting factor in taking the exam surely this is a violation.

Does anyone agree with this view or am I the only one? Is there a way to decline the scan? Im not sure how it works for 16-18 year old but I am a mature student and it seems the only way to register for the exam is through the Pearson VUE website.

Is agreeing to the scan online just to register legally binding? or could I later decline the scan once at the test centre?
Reply 1
Original post by 1258745896587
I have tried to register for the LNAT and it has asked me to consent to a palm vein scan, I understand this is an attempt to essentially stop cheating but surely there should be an option to decline this.

I don't understand why consenting to them storing your biometric data should be and inhabiting factor in taking the exam surely this is a violation.

Does anyone agree with this view or am I the only one? Is there a way to decline the scan? Im not sure how it works for 16-18 year old but I am a mature student and it seems the only way to register for the exam is through the Pearson VUE website.

Is agreeing to the scan online just to register legally binding? or could I later decline the scan once at the test centre?

I agree with you. This is a violation of our bodily integrity and an attempt to enroll professionals into a digital identity. It's criminal!
what country did you plan to take the LNAT? I did not encounter the palm vein scan requirement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending