The Student Room Group

Course start date moved forward 2 months

Hi, I'm helping my wife with her application. we submitted her application and she later got an email and was told her course is starting in April instead of Feb, how can she update her application? I checked the form the website led me to, and i saw different options about changing the courses and other options but none regarding changing the start date of the course, how should she update SFE?

2nd Q: I am from the USA, currently dealing with my immigration status, we got legally married in the US, and we also have an islamic marriage certificate, will that be accepted when asked to submit evidence of marriage?

3rd Q: Im filling out the PFF2 form, Section 1-b, is person 1 my details? or is person 1 the student and person 2 myself?

TIA

TIA
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by alinaeem93
Hi, I'm helping my wife with her application. we submitted her application and she later got an email and was told her course is starting in April instead of Feb, how can she update her application? I checked the form the website led me to, and i saw different options about changing the courses and other options but none regarding changing the start date of the course, how should she update SFE?

2nd Q: I am from the USA, currently dealing with my immigration status, we got legally married in the US, and we also have an islamic marriage certificate, will that be accepted when asked to submit evidence of marriage?

3rd Q: Im filling out the PFF2 form, Section 1-b, is person 1 my details? or is person 1 the student and person 2 myself?

TIA

TIA

Hi there,

If you Wife applied on a PN1 Full Time student form which has been accepted she should be able to change her application online by doing these steps. Select Application > View and manage your applications link on the right hand side > Change your application > University/college and course. If that does not work then a Change of Circumstances (CO1) form would need to be completed.

We can accept your Islamic Marriage certificate.

On the PFF2 form, your Wife would be Section 1-A under 'Student Details', then after that, you would input your own details under Person 1.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

If you Wife applied on a PN1 Full Time student form which has been accepted she should be able to change her application online by doing these steps. Select Application > View and manage your applications link on the right hand side > Change your application > University/college and course. If that does not work then a Change of Circumstances (CO1) form would need to be completed.

We can accept your Islamic Marriage certificate.

On the PFF2 form, your Wife would be Section 1-A under 'Student Details', then after that, you would input your own details under Person 1.

Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross, thanks for your response, the page doesn't allow me to make any changes as the original start date has passed and it states my wife cannot make any changes as the course has started. Looking at the form there is no section that relates to changing the start date, so choosing "I have other changes of circumstance not detailed on this form" option, can i simply write on the last page, "The course start date has changed to 15/04/2024." Will that be sufficient or do i need to add any more details?
Thank You.
Hi alinaeem93,

You would need to complete section 4 of the Co1 form to update the course details on your application if you cannot do this online. This is currently taking around 4 working days to review.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi alinaeem93,

You would need to complete section 4 of the Co1 form to update the course details on your application if you cannot do this online. This is currently taking around 4 working days to review.

Thanks,
Calum
Hi, I’ve been requested for my financial proof of 0 earnings for the financial year of 21/22 and the students’s husband. I was undocumented in the UK at that time and have been here since being a minor, so I have no documentation prior to Feb 2022. How can I provide proof in this case?

I was living with my wife at that time as well and was supported by her.
(edited 2 months ago)

TIA

TIA
Hi there,

If she clicks on her current application, there is an option on the right-hand side of the page to view and manage the application. Here she will be able to amend her course start date. If it doesn't allow her to do this it will prompt her to download the CO1 form which she can then upload digitally to her account.

Yes, if she's been asked to send her marriage certificate she can still upload this to her account. It doesn't need to be a UK one.

On the PFF2 form it's your details you provide. Only Section 1a) is the students information.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If she clicks on her current application, there is an option on the right-hand side of the page to view and manage the application. Here she will be able to amend her course start date. If it doesn't allow her to do this it will prompt her to download the CO1 form which she can then upload digitally to her account.

Yes, if she's been asked to send her marriage certificate she can still upload this to her account. It doesn't need to be a UK one.

On the PFF2 form it's your details you provide. Only Section 1a) is the students information.

Thanks, Jason
Hi Jason, thanks for your reply, I got that part sorted now. Would you be able to help me with my latest question in ‘Reply 4’. TIA
Hi Jason, thanks for your reply, I got that part sorted now. Would you be able to help me with my latest question in ‘Reply 4’. TIA
Hi there,

Can you please tell us how you were asked for this evidence, for example: did we send you an e-mail asking for proof of your own income?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please tell us how you were asked for this evidence, for example: did we send you an e-mail asking for proof of your own income?

Thanks, Graeme
Yes, via email.
Yes, via email.
Okay, in this case we can accept a signed and dated letter confirming that no income was earned in that year. If you were financially dependent on your partner, then that's fine: please state this on the letter too.

You can upload this to your account and our assessors will let you know if they need any further details.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 10
Original post by Graeme SFE
Okay, in this case we can accept a signed and dated letter confirming that no income was earned in that year. If you were financially dependent on your partner, then that's fine: please state this on the letter too.

You can upload this to your account and our assessors will let you know if they need any further details.

Thanks, Graeme
A letter from myself or from another government body?
Hi there. A letter from yourself. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending