The Student Room Group

Is this a soft rejection or I'm overthinking?

So, I've asked girl out to go grab some drink next week, she texted "Yes! Absolutely! But I first got to get my studying under control" to which I replied with "Cool, let me know when you are free". And I wouldn't overthink if she didn't go out with her friends like two days later, which I saw on IG. And now I'm thinking if she really liked me, she would find time and actually give me some time and date when she could go. But I will now wait and see what will happen, the ball is in her court now, so...

She has shown all sorts of signs, fast replying, smiling when we see each other on college, standing close to me, laughing at all sorts of things I send her, texting me about some pretty random stuff she could easily find out from others or by googling it etc.

What do you think, am I overthinking it? Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
She could already have planned the night out with friends and needs to do more study to make up for it.

Top tip; if you ask someone out, don't leave it open-ended. Suggest a day, rather than 'next week' or 'when you are free'. If she keeps turning down specifics, that's a rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending