The Student Room Group

A level subjects

I’m planning on studying finance at university . I am unsure of what a levels to pick. At the moment I am doing Maths Biology and Psychology this is because my school doesn’t offer economics business or further maths. I am wondering whether to switch biology for chemistry as it is abit more maths beaded
Original post by Hussmus
I’m planning on studying finance at university . I am unsure of what a levels to pick. At the moment I am doing Maths Biology and Psychology this is because my school doesn’t offer economics business or further maths. I am wondering whether to switch biology for chemistry as it is abit more maths beaded

I am not sure why you would want to do finance at uni unless you intend to do academic research in finance. However, if that's the degree that you want then so be it.

The pickier finance degrees would only be asking for A Level Maths; the other 2 A Levels can be in any subject that you want, so long you get high enough grades in them e.g. you can pick Urdu and Geography along with Maths, so long you get high enough grades in all 3 subjects.

I would pick the subjects you have the most interest in as well as getting the highest grades in after A Level Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest