The Student Room Group

how to structure A level history coursework ?

what would be a good structure in order to achieve an a* for the question Germ theory has the biggest impact on the development of medicine in Britain” assess the validity of this view for the years 1850-1950. ?
Original post by l_rai10
what would be a good structure in order to achieve an a* for the question Germ theory has the biggest impact on the development of medicine in Britain” assess the validity of this view for the years 1850-1950. ?

Hi! The way I structured mine was by finding 3-4 main topics and writing a 2-3 paragraphs for each topic.
You can start with the main topic idea summarised in a sentence, then you can expand on the ideas in smaller paragraphs. Make sure to write a 'mini conclusion' at the end of each section to wrap up that idea.
I don't know which exam board you are doing, but check with your teacher if there are any things you definitely need to include. For example, I had to closely analyse an interpretation of a historian. Maybe create a plan of your structure and confirm it with your teacher, so you can tweak any minor issues.
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by l_rai10

Hi, which exam board are you with? And what's the word count for the coursework?
Original post by Pandasarecute65
Hi! The way I structured mine was by finding 3-4 main topics and writing a 2-3 paragraphs for each topic.
You can start with the main topic idea summarised in a sentence, then you can expand on the ideas in smaller paragraphs. Make sure to write a 'mini conclusion' at the end of each section to wrap up that idea.
I don't know which exam board you are doing, but check with your teacher if there are any things you definitely need to include. For example, I had to closely analyse an interpretation of a historian. Maybe create a plan of your structure and confirm it with your teacher, so you can tweak any minor issues.
Hope this helps :smile:

I totally agree with this advice and would just add that sometimes mind-mapping your main topics can be really helpful, both in terms of branching out what paragraphs you'll include for each, and also how they'll best fit together overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending