The Student Room Group

grrr

lol
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by amelialcapon
I got CCC at A Level, but have gone on to pass my foundation year at Uni of Leeds onto the degree International History and Politics. I have always been interested in Law and am thinking about doing a Law conversion after. Is there any point? Will I be considered with bad A Levels?
I know people mention sometimes extenuating circumstances can be referred to and I had quite severe health issues at the time of my A Levels and do have letters to prove that but is that enough to explain my bad results?

Hi Amelia,

We hope you're well. While we are sorry you did not get the results that you may have wanted, we want you to know that there are other alternative options out there. If Law is what you have your heart set on, we would like to suggest you apply to study Law with us through Clearing :smile: If you would like to know more information, please see the following link - https://www.coventry.ac.uk/clearing/

Best of luck
- Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Original post by amelialcapon
I got CCC at A Level, but have gone on to pass my foundation year at Uni of Leeds onto the degree International History and Politics. I have always been interested in Law and am thinking about doing a Law conversion after. Is there any point? Will I be considered with bad A Levels?
I know people mention sometimes extenuating circumstances can be referred to and I had quite severe health issues at the time of my A Levels and do have letters to prove that but is that enough to explain my bad results?

Hi @amelialcapon

When applying to the University of Law to do a conversion course, although your A levels are asked for in the application process, it is your undergraduate degree that counts! If you get a 2:2 in your current degree then there is no reason why you wouldn't be accepted. Of course, if you apply yourself and get a higher mark in your undergrad then this will only strengthen your application!

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending