The Student Room Group

Choosing DSA suppliers

Dear Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm excited to share that I'll be starting my journey with the OU next week. I wanted to discuss a few things regarding the support I've received through the DSA, as well as some concerns I have about getting the best value for my investment in hardware and software.

I've been fortunate to be awarded the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), which covers ergonomic equipment, a laptop, software (including screen readers and dictation tools), and support hours. However, I want to ensure that I make the most of this opportunity and make informed choices about the equipment I'll be receiving.

Specifically, I'm wondering how I can apply my student discount to both hardware and software purchases. It's important to me that I not only get value for my money but also select equipment that will support my long-term learning goals and fit seamlessly into my home and daily life.

While I have a unique plan ahead, involving the establishment of a charity focused on AI and machine learning tools to address food poverty and food waste in the UK, I'm not seeking advice on this aspect at the moment. My primary concern is optimising my student support package.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance and support. I look forward to connecting with you as I begin this exciting chapter of my education.

Best regards,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending