The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Placements Year/Industrial Experience

Hi

I'm currently enrolled on M04 Masters of Engineering, I was hoping to springboard my way into some relevant employment as I progress through the programme through year long placements.

Can anyone speak on their experience getting work experience via a placement year? Would employers consider taking on OU students as part of any such programme they offered? What is the opportunities Hub like in terms of placement offerings, is it better to search there as opposed to a job board like Gradcracker?

Cheers all
Original post by Euan_Lucas98
Hi

I'm currently enrolled on M04 Masters of Engineering, I was hoping to springboard my way into some relevant employment as I progress through the programme through year long placements.

Can anyone speak on their experience getting work experience via a placement year? Would employers consider taking on OU students as part of any such programme they offered? What is the opportunities Hub like in terms of placement offerings, is it better to search there as opposed to a job board like Gradcracker?

Cheers all

Hi!

I study maths and have just finished my placement year. I really enjoyed my placement year as it allowed me to develop skills from my degree in a real-world setting as well as explore future career options and network.

Employers will definitely consider OU students - one of the other placement students at my placement was an OU student! I used Rate My Placement, Target Jobs and Gradcracker to find most of the placements I applied for so they may be worth checking out!

I hope this helped, good luck in your placement search!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest