The Student Room Group

Are level 2 & level 3 modules weighted the same?

So if I have a module that I know I’ll ace and there’s a level 2 and a level 3 version of it, should I take the level 3 one in my final year as it’ll have more of an impact on my final classification (higher weighting), or are level 2&3 modules weighted the same?
Original post by Anonymous
So if I have a module that I know I’ll ace and there’s a level 2 and a level 3 version of it, should I take the level 3 one in my final year as it’ll have more of an impact on my final classification (higher weighting), or are level 2&3 modules weighted the same?

That will depend on the university (and sometimes the course). Check your university's academic regulations (or name the university).

Also, are the year 2 and year 3 versions of the modules the same size, in terms of credits?
Will you ace it because you enjoy the content or because you find it easy as it might not be as easy in the 3rd year however if it is a topic you really enjoy then go for it
Usually you'll need a certain number of level 3 modules in order to graduate. Often they'll be weighted more but it depends on your university and course. Check online or ask your tutor or student services.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending