The Student Room Group

How do you actually use a plunger for a toilet???

This might seem like a dumb question but I’m just wondering, if a toilets blocked how do you use the plunger? I know you sort of push it up and down but if it’s filled with water toilet paper and even poo how does that work? Can someone help lol in case I need to unblock a toilet
Reply 1
Amazingly, I know this one.

There is a difference between a sink plunger and a toilet plunger. The sink ones are just the stick with the cup on the end. Toilet ones have like a sort of inner flange on the end like a mute on a trumpet. You put it down there and thrust it up and down a bit like you're shaking a bottle of champagne. It should then force whatever is blocking the trap over into the waste downpipe.

You could use a sink one in an emergency, but it won't be as effective.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
Amazingly, I know this one.

There is a difference between a sink plunger and a toilet plunger. The sink ones are just the stick with the cup on the end. Toilet ones have like a sort of inner flange on the end like a mute on a trumpet. You put it down there and thrust it up and down a bit like you're shaking a bottle of champagne. It should then force whatever is blocking the trap over into the waste downpipe.

You could use a sink one in an emergency, but it won't be as effective.

Ok thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending