The Student Room Group

What are my chances of an economics acceptance?

I am predicted A*A*A*A* in maths, further maths, economics and physics. I got 998888777 at GCSE. I am also from a polar quantile 2 , socioeconomically disadvantaged area. I am applying but I do not want to get my hopes up if do not have a great chance. It might seem like a stupid question but can anyone give me a probability of me getting in?
Reply 1
Apply, take the test, attend the interview and keep your fingers crossed. But do so knowing that if you don't get an option, life is far from over and success is still well and truly within your grasp.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
Apply, take the test, attend the interview and keep your fingers crossed. But do so knowing that if you don't get an option, life is far from over and success is still well and truly within your grasp.

Spoiler

Would it be more likely to get an offer from LSE?
Hi there,

These are all fantastic grades and give you a good stepping stone to being accepted to most universities. However, this is not all you need. Make sure you can present yourself and your dedication in both your personal statement and interview.

Don't let worry hold you back from taking chances. You meet the requirements so go for it! Take the test (if this is part of the process), and the interview and hope for the best. There is nothing more you can do than your best work and with your predicted and achieved it seems that you are a very hard worker.

Remember though that if it doesn't work out then it is not the end of the world or personal. Sometimes people just get unlucky and it is not a reflection of your character but just how it goes so don't let it ruin any other opportunities there for you. There is something to be learned at every setback.

There is no use worrying twice, do your best and it'll be fine :smile:

Good luck!
- Sophie (uni of Bath)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Would it be more likely to get an offer from LSE?

If you apply, attend the interviews / exams and do well and get an offer, then yes, you will probably get an offer... just like you would at any university.

Look, applying to university is not a game of probability. Either you are fully committed and go for it or you don't. You might get in but you might not. The point, is that if you don't get in, life does not stop and it isn't the end of the world. And in the grand scheme of matters, no one really cares where you got your degree from once you are a couple of years into your career. Similarly (shock horror!) people who didn't go to Cambridge or Oxford or LSE also have fulfilling and lucrative careers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending