The Student Room Group

would i stay in the same class as friends if i switched to a placement year?

firstly, can i switch to a placement year course in the middle of my degree? for example, switching from g400 (computer science) to g401 (computer science with a placement year). Also if i do, will i be put in a different class from everyone else or not? I am asking this since I dont want to lose friends and start over. Thanks. btw i am in 1st year
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by jake102:)
firstly, can i switch to a placement year course in the middle of my degree? for example, switching from g400 (computer science) to g401 (computer science with a placement year). Also if i do, will i be put in a different class from everyone else or not? I am asking this since I dont want to lose friends and start over. Thanks

For your first question, it would depend on the uni. Some allow you to switch at pretty much any time before the placement year starts. Others have a very limited nunber if placements available, and so simple don't have the capacity for someone to switch (unless someone planning to do a placement opts not to). So check with your uni in this one.

Most placement years will be after year two. So the first two years, everyone will be in the same lectures / classes / seminars ) etc. If you do a placement year, then when you return some of your cohort will have already graduated, whilst others will rejoin Year 3 with you.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
For your first question, it would depend on the uni. Some allow you to switch at pretty much any time before the placement year starts. Others have a very limited nunber if placements available, and so simple don't have the capacity for someone to switch (unless someone planning to do a placement opts not to). So check with your uni in this one.

Most placement years will be after year two. So the first two years, everyone will be in the same lectures / classes / seminars ) etc. If you do a placement year, then when you return some of your cohort will have already graduated, whilst others will rejoin Year 3 with you.

oh ok, do you suggest i call them now since I have an offer or should i call them once i accepted the offer and am in the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending