The Student Room Group

How to apply for extra maintenance loan after year started?

Hi everyone, I had budgeted for the year and figured out I had enough money for rent + general living from my job and the lower minimum maintenance loan amount, with a decent amount as a safety net.

But after my course started and after my first payment my old computer decided to break, and I need a computer for my work so had to spend a lot on a new one (was due an upgrade anyway).

But basically with that payment I am now pretty close to my limit for the year so was wondering if it is at all possible to get in contact with SFE to apply for the extra amount after the year has started and if this would be accepted under the change of circumstances.

Thanks a lot, any feedback would be useful :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by antivebeacon
Hi everyone, I had budgeted for the year and figured out I had enough money for rent + general living from my job and the lower minimum maintenance loan amount, with a decent amount as a safety net.

But after my course started and after my first payment my old computer decided to break, and I need a computer for my work so had to spend a lot on a new one (was due an upgrade anyway).

But basically with that payment I am now pretty close to my limit for the year so was wondering if it is at all possible to get in contact with SFE to apply for the extra amount after the year has started and if this would be accepted under the change of circumstances.

Thanks a lot, any feedback would be useful :smile:

Hi there,

Can you confirm when your course started? Are you under 25? How much have you been awarded currently?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm when your course started? Are you under 25? How much have you been awarded currently?

Thanks,
Claire

Course start was early October, 21yo and £1121.01 received in first payment
Hi antivebeacon,

Do you know if your maintenance loan has been income assessed based on your household income yet? Have your parents provided their income details in support of your application?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi antivebeacon,

Do you know if your maintenance loan has been income assessed based on your household income yet? Have your parents provided their income details in support of your application?

Thanks,
Calum

Nope, I had originally applied for more, but didn't enter one of my parents figures to get put onto the minimum value instead after I had originally thought I'd be fine.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by antivebeacon
Nope, I had originally applied for more, but didn't enter one of my parents figures to get put onto the minimum value instead after I had originally thought I'd be fine.

Hi there,

You can apply for the income assessed element of the Maintenance Loan by completing the 'include household income form' and having your parents complete the PFF2 form. I have provided the link to locate these forms below which can be completed digitally and uploaded to your online account for review. Our current timescales are approximately 31 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

https://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/include-household-income-in-your-student-finance-application/

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending