The Student Room Group

Where do you live if you're doing a foundation year?

I want to go to Surrey, and i was curious as to how it works. My friend in the year above is doing a foundation year and is in halls, but how does it work after the foundation year, are you allowed to stay in the same halls or can you move out with others?
you can stay in halls if there is space or move out. First years have preference.
Hi @imsleepingrn4,

Deciding whether to stay in halls after your foundation year is a personal choice, one you could run by your university just to check out the finer details of how it would work.

Staying in halls can be convenient, as it provides proximity to campus facilities and saves you commuting time. Additionally it allows you to be more social, providing opportunities to make friends and participate in social activities.

However, if you prefer a more independent living arrangement, you might consider moving out and sharing accommodation with others outside of halls. Like living in a house! Evaluate the cost of staying in halls compared to alternative housing options. Sometimes, renting a private accommodation with others can be more cost-effective. Plus, you get to lively more closely with your new friends and always have them there to fall back on rather than going through the same process with the new people who move into halls after your foundation year.

Ultimately, it’s important to consider your personal preferences, living habits, and lifestyle. Some students enjoy the hall experience, while others may prefer a quieter and more private living arrangement.

Hope this helps,
Ellie
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending