The Student Room Group

personal statement extracurriculars

I am currently writing my personal statement now and I was wondering about how many academic activities I should be aiming to write about in my PS. I am scared that if I cut out some due to exceeding the word limit it would make my application less competitive,
Less is more. Your PS needs details to make it unique and personal. That means writing about fewer things but in more detail.
Original post by pim1310
I am currently writing my personal statement now and I was wondering about how many academic activities I should be aiming to write about in my PS. I am scared that if I cut out some due to exceeding the word limit it would make my application less competitive,

Hey @pim1310 :smile: What subject are you applying for? Are some of your extracurriculars more relvant to the degree you're choosing to study? Agree that less is more - don't waste space listing off tons of achievements without really telling the universities anything. They read so many personal statements that you want to write one to keep them engaged. Tell us what you gained from the activity you're talking about and how it's relevant and helped you prepare for further study.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending