The Student Room Group

Change of university and course

Hello

I was approved on the 11 August however i changed courses and university payment was due on the 4th Sep 23 , my new course will start on the 19th and i cannot attend because i am so broke and cannot cover childcare , and now my application is showing pending it’s been 13 working days ! Each time i speak to a different person i get an different answer .
I have dependants

Where do i go ? What do i do ?
Original post by Tamisi62844
Hello

I was approved on the 11 August however i changed courses and university payment was due on the 4th Sep 23 , my new course will start on the 19th and i cannot attend because i am so broke and cannot cover childcare , and now my application is showing pending it’s been 13 working days ! Each time i speak to a different person i get an different answer .
I have dependants

Where do i go ? What do i do ?

Hi there, if you've changed course then this will reassess and update your application. A general timescale is 25 working days but we can't view accounts to confirm. If you check with the university if they can still release your payments in the meantime while the course is being processed. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
So are you saying if my attendance is confirmed then i will receive my first payment ? or do i have to wait until completions ?
So are you saying if my attendance is confirmed then i will receive my first payment ? or do i have to wait until completions ?

Yes, if the university have released your payments on your account you'd still be paid while the form is being processed. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thank you
Thank you

Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
My attendance was confirmed from my uni on monday however until today it’s still showing that my attendance hasn’t been confirmed
My attendance was confirmed from my uni on monday however until today it’s still showing that my attendance hasn’t been confirmed

Hi there, what does your payment say? Does it say, 'awaiting confirmation' and do you mean you enrolled on Monday? Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
hi Jason it’s says
Awaiting Confirmation - Your university or college need to confirm to us that you’ve registered on your course. They’ll do this when you start your course. We’ll pay you after we get this.

My enrolment was completed on friday 15th and on Monday 18 my university confirmed my attendance ( i was told by my finance people )
hi Jason it’s says
Awaiting Confirmation - Your university or college need to confirm to us that you’ve registered on your course. They’ll do this when you start your course. We’ll pay you after we get this.

My enrolment was completed on friday 15th and on Monday 18 my university confirmed my attendance ( i was told by my finance people )

Thanks. Your enrolment is a different process to your 'registration'. When you enrol that doesn't confirm your payments being released that just confirms your place at university. The university needs to release your payments by sending us 'confirmation of registration' which they do around the first day of your term (the schedule date). Once we receive this it takes 24-48 hours to update and you're paid in 3-5 working days. Your payment will change to 'payment in progress' via your account once this has been submitted to your bank. So if your payment scheduled date has passed then please speak to the university directly for them to release this. Thanks, Jason
Reply 10
Thank you however upon seeing my finance adviser i was told and shown a list that was sent to SFE containing my full name and course info and i was told it’s takes 7 days for SFE to validate it !

So is that what you are referring to as registration ?
Thank you however upon seeing my finance adviser i was told and shown a list that was sent to SFE containing my full name and course info and i was told it’s takes 7 days for SFE to validate it !

So is that what you are referring to as registration ?

Hi Tamis,

That sounds like that is your universities timescale for sending the confirmation through to us. Once received, this will update within 48 hours then up to 5 working days for any previous scheduled payments.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending