The Student Room Group

What additional classes are taken with Architecture?

I was wondering if, at University, one will be required to take extra classes additonal to their course.

My parents, when they studied in Beligum, said that they had to take other classes such as psychology-as my mum was studying to be a music teacher, and my dad also had to take psychology but also maths and a few others when he was studying a course related to banking.

I wonder if that is the same here in England and if so, for architecture then specifically, what other classes I may be required to take.
Original post by Nasheng
I was wondering if, at University, one will be required to take extra classes additonal to their course.

My parents, when they studied in Beligum, said that they had to take other classes such as psychology-as my mum was studying to be a music teacher, and my dad also had to take psychology but also maths and a few others when he was studying a course related to banking.

I wonder if that is the same here in England and if so, for architecture then specifically, what other classes I may be required to take.

No you won't be offered optional modules if you choose to study architecture. This is usually the case with vocational degrees (eg healthcare) as there is so much mandatory content to get through. For other degrees, then it is normal to have a choice of optional modules during your first year of study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending