The Student Room Group

Which classes to include as an US applicant on UCAS qualifications section?

I am applying under UCAS as a U.S. high school student. I am confused which classes I should list in the modules section of the US High School Diploma qualification.

Do I list every class I am taking this year, or every class I have ever taken in high school, or choose a few classes relevant to my major to list? Some advice I have seen is to only list APs you are currently taking, since UK schools do not care much about non-AP classes. However, my school offers many post-AP level classes that I have taken, which are past the level of an AP class but not associated with College Board/an AP test. Should I list all of these classes? Most of them are not in the subject area I am applying for.
Should I also list my past AP classes? My past AP scores are already listed separately in the qualifications section.
I just did this as a US student. I don't think you have to list classes in modules, but I did. I chose all of my most important classes, like honors, AP, and college classes. But if they weren't at all relevant to my major, I didnt list them. So I would say past and future higher-level classes related to your major. I stretched it a bit by including AP Biology even though I'll be a psychology major. They're both sciences. Honestly I didn't stress it too much...probably should have.
Reply 2
Original post by Islee
I just did this as a US student. I don't think you have to list classes in modules, but I did. I chose all of my most important classes, like honors, AP, and college classes. But if they weren't at all relevant to my major, I didnt list them. So I would say past and future higher-level classes related to your major. I stretched it a bit by including AP Biology even though I'll be a psychology major. They're both sciences. Honestly I didn't stress it too much...probably should have.

Thank you so much!
Did you list your AP classes in modules, in addition to having your AP scores as separate qualifications?
Original post by gr8cel
Thank you so much!
Did you list your AP classes in modules, in addition to having your AP scores as separate qualifications?

Yeah, but only AP bio cuz I didn't think AP Lit was really relevant
Original post by gr8cel
I am applying under UCAS as a U.S. high school student. I am confused which classes I should list in the modules section of the US High School Diploma qualification.

Do I list every class I am taking this year, or every class I have ever taken in high school, or choose a few classes relevant to my major to list? Some advice I have seen is to only list APs you are currently taking, since UK schools do not care much about non-AP classes. However, my school offers many post-AP level classes that I have taken, which are past the level of an AP class but not associated with College Board/an AP test. Should I list all of these classes? Most of them are not in the subject area I am applying for.
Should I also list my past AP classes? My past AP scores are already listed separately in the qualifications section.

List your High School Diploma as a qualification. Don’t bother listing classes/modules - universities will request a transcript.

Then ALSO list each AP completed and due to be completed as separate qualifications.

If you’re taking and college modules/awards/credits in addition that are with an external college then you would also list that college as a part time place of study and list the credits as a qualification at that place of study (using the “other” qualification type to write in the details).
Original post by Islee
Yeah, but only AP bio cuz I didn't think AP Lit was really relevant

You MUST list ALL your qualifications. It’s for your universities to decide what is and isn’t relevant not for you.

If you’ve withheld qualifications then you have made your application technically fraudulent (the declaration you agree with when submitting states that you have included everything) and at risk of being withdrawn at any point.
Original post by PQ
You MUST list ALL your qualifications. It’s for your universities to decide what is and isn’t relevant not for you.

If you’ve withheld qualifications then you have made your application technically fraudulent (the declaration you agree with when submitting states that you have included everything) and at risk of being withdrawn at any point.

I did list all my qualifications. I'm not stupid. I just didnt include them in modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending