The Student Room Group

Hard Choice for University

Hello. I have the choice to do a foundation year in engineering at UCL to get me to the computer science degree there. I also have the choice to do computer science in newcastle or exeter university. which shall i choose? im really confused atm so if someone could give me the pros and cons please.
Have you already submitted your UCAS application and got offers for these 3 courses?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you already submitted your UCAS application and got offers for these 3 courses?

those r just my options for application. i havent applied yet but i have the contextual requirements for exeter and ncl but also have the requirements for foundation year in comp sci at ucl. these r all compsci courses
Original post by 5inz27
those r just my options for application. i havent applied yet but i have the contextual requirements for exeter and ncl but also have the requirements for foundation year in comp sci at ucl. these r all compsci courses

You have 5 UCAS choices - apply to all 3?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You have 5 UCAS choices - apply to all 3?

ok i dont think i explained this well enough. is it worth doing the foundation year at a slightly better uni when i can get into decent unis without it.
Original post by 5inz27
ok i dont think i explained this well enough. is it worth doing the foundation year at a slightly better uni when i can get into decent unis without it.

You’ve explained.

My answer is that you don’t even know if you will get offers yet. I would recommend that you apply, see what offers you get, visit the universities that you get offers from and then decide what to do from next April.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending