The Student Room Group

uni applications advice, rlly stressed :((

hii, so my predicred grades atm are BBB, and I want to apply for biomed and the entry requirements for the Unis im applying to range from 3 of them at AAB, 1 at ABB and one at BBC, I'm not sure if this is too unrealistic but for personal reasons I can't really apply too far away from where i live

I know the actual UCAS deadline isn't until January but my school makes us submit it by November 15th, so I have mocks coming up end of October/ Start of september which could possible boost my predicitions but im just rlly worried my teacher might not because its so late

like i literally don't know what to do, ive done my personal statement but its just my predicitions rlly stressing me out, and I can't really take a gap year it just isn't something which I'm able to do and I'm not sure if i'd be able to get through clearing...
Reply 1
Original post by tomatogirl3
hii, so my predicred grades atm are BBB, and I want to apply for biomed and the entry requirements for the Unis im applying to range from 3 of them at AAB, 1 at ABB and one at BBC, I'm not sure if this is too unrealistic but for personal reasons I can't really apply too far away from where i live

I know the actual UCAS deadline isn't until January but my school makes us submit it by November 15th, so I have mocks coming up end of October/ Start of september which could possible boost my predicitions but im just rlly worried my teacher might not because its so late

like i literally don't know what to do, ive done my personal statement but its just my predicitions rlly stressing me out, and I can't really take a gap year it just isn't something which I'm able to do and I'm not sure if i'd be able to get through clearing...

Hi, yh I know, predictions can be so stressful!:frown: Don't worry, since your predictions are not too far from your highest entry requirements, I would just try to revise as much as you can for mocks in October and hope that your teachers can give you As (also you can let them know that you really need As in that subject to apply for biomed/ explain how you would work really hard to get those grades) However, if you are still predicted Bs, don't worry, I would advise you to look at other similar courses to biomed eg biochem/ biotech/ microbiology which are also really interesting courses to study. Also, have a look at contextual offers and foundation courses if you haven't already because you might qualify for that and receive a lower offer. If not, clearing can be a good option, it may sound stressful and hard, but lots of my friends applied through clearing and got really good courses at universities that aren't too far away. Clearing also tends to have courses similar to biomed eg microbiology.
Hope this helps and good luck with your application :smile:

Talk to the relevant teachers about what impact your upcoming mocks might have on your predicted grades.
Reply 3
hii, so my predicred grades atm are BBB,.

3 of them at AAB, 1 at ABB and one at BBC,

Too many AAB choices - your chances of an offer from any of those is slim given that you are two grades out.
Safer would be only one choice at AAB, one at ABB - with two at BBB and one at BBC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending