The Student Room Group

Any Help?

Hello All,

My EPQ Title is - ‘Was the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki justified?’

My teacher isn’t responding to my emails as it’s half term, and I don’t want to do a bunch of research only for myself to be told it’s ‘too controversial’

Would this question be okay to do?
Reply 1
Original post by rjdjsbs
Hello All,

My EPQ Title is - ‘Was the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki justified?’

My teacher isn’t responding to my emails as it’s half term, and I don’t want to do a bunch of research only for myself to be told it’s ‘too controversial’

Would this question be okay to do?

Yes, but make sure to spend some time discussing the concept of 'justified'. It's easy to assume the word has some fixed, objective meaning. However, these aren't shallow waters. If that isn't clear, let me know.
Reply 2
Original post by umbala
Yes, but make sure to spend some time discussing the concept of 'justified'. It's easy to assume the word has some fixed, objective meaning. However, these aren't shallow waters. If that isn't clear, let me know.

Thank you for your response.

I’ll be sure to discuss the matter of justified in both a Japanese and Non-Japanese viewpoint. I’ve found the key points made on both sides and will explore them in detail.

Just wanted to ask, is there any limit to an EPQ question? Can you truly explore anything you like?

Quick Reply

Latest