The Student Room Group

What's colledge like (uk) ??

I am a home educated girl who is very much looking forward to attending colledge in the next three years or so. I know that this is a bit premature but I would like to know what colledge is like, what are the lessons like and please (if your comfortable) put your first day experience at colledge down below xx

Every comment counts 😉
Original post by BlackE.H.Egirl
I am a home educated girl who is very much looking forward to attending colledge in the next three years or so. I know that this is a bit premature but I would like to know what colledge is like, what are the lessons like and please (if your comfortable) put your first day experience at colledge down below xx

Every comment counts 😉

Every college (without the "d" :wink:) is different. Generally speaking, they'll be more relaxed than school, and will expect you to be more responsible (so you won't be "spoon fed" as much).

I've no idea how to compare college to being home-schooled, as I suspect that different home-schooled students have very different experiences themselves anyway.

If you have any colleges in mind, it might be worth mentioning them by name. (Obviously, the chances of a student there - past or present - actually seeing this thread are slim. But you never know.)
Reply 2
College sucks
Original post by DataVenia
Every college (without the "d" :wink:) is different. Generally speaking, they'll be more relaxed than school, and will expect you to be more responsible (so you won't be "spoon fed" as much).

I've no idea how to compare college to being home-schooled, as I suspect that different home-schooled students have very different experiences themselves anyway.

If you have any colleges in mind, it might be worth mentioning them by name. (Obviously, the chances of a student there - past or present - actually seeing this thread are slim. But you never know.)

Thanks for your comment. It really helps. I didn't notice the typo lol x I don't actually have any in mind at the moment because I may be moving area. But thanks once again x
Original post by Kawasa
College sucks

I hope not :-)

Quick Reply

Latest