The Student Room Group

GCSE Mocks January

Hi I’m in Year and I have my mocks in January and am really stressed. Whenever I sit down to study, I just get scared and procrastinate more. Does anyone have any tips cos I wanna get all 8s and 9s and move sixth forms.
Reply 1
this may be vague, but dont be scared and dont procrastinate. think about where will u be after some years if you r not doing what you are supposed to do and think where you will be if you do!! there are so many revision techniques and not everything will work for you but try some methods anf find out which will work for you. flashcards, blurting on a white board, making equation cards watching videos and PRACTISINGGGG!!! good luck !
Reply 2
Original post by Deepak.23
this may be vague, but dont be scared and dont procrastinate. think about where will u be after some years if you r not doing what you are supposed to do and think where you will be if you do!! there are so many revision techniques and not everything will work for you but try some methods anf find out which will work for you. flashcards, blurting on a white board, making equation cards watching videos and PRACTISINGGGG!!! good luck !

Thank youu I feel a bit less stressed now I just dropped graphics cos I couldn’t keep up with the workload. But how many hours a day should you study in general?
Reply 3
Original post by revvvv

Thank youu I feel a bit less stressed now I just dropped graphics cos I couldn’t keep up with the workload. But how many hours a day should you study in general?

That depends on my mood, my body and the amount of stuff to do. But in general i aim for 3 to 4 hours it may go up to 6 or can go down to 1. And pomodoro helps a lot if u are not able to concentrate

Quick Reply

Latest