The Student Room Group

1993 Exam Boards (Essex)

Can anyone help me please?

I am trying to find out which exam board Colchester Sixth Form College used in 1993 for GCSC English & Maths?

I am applying to undertake an MSc and am required to provide evidence of my GCSE's and am unable to locate certificates. I have contacted the college and they state that they do not hold this information this far back due to GDPR.

I dont want to have to pay multiple boards to perform searches if i can help it.
Reply 1
Original post by Midwren

I am trying to find out which exam board Colchester Sixth Form College used in 1993 for GCSC English & Maths?

I am applying to undertake an MSc and am required to provide evidence of my GCSE's and am unable to locate certificates. I have contacted the college and they state that they do not hold this information this far back due to GDPR.

I dont want to have to pay multiple boards to perform searches if i can help it.

Does the college know what exam board was used in 1993?

If not, have a look on here: https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate/if-your-old-exam-board-no-longer-exists and google the exam board names to see their rough geographical areas. You should then be able to narrow it down to one or two boards, which you can then contact.
Reply 2
Original post by Midwren

They must know what boards they used - it's nothing to do with GDPR.

We still have certificates people haven't collected sine 1960s!
Are you in touch with any schoolmates, either IRL or online? They could have a look at their certs for you.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
They must know what boards they used - it's nothing to do with GDPR.

We still have certificates people haven't collected sine 1960s!

I have even placed a Freedom of Information request to the college and they cannot provide information on which examining boards they used in 1993.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Are you in touch with any schoolmates, either IRL or online? They could have a look at their certs for you.

I have tried that and tried putting a pst on social media. One potential came back who i paid the fee for a search with but they only had the Maths not English. Seems ridiculous that you cant get confirmation of the board befor paying the fee.
Reply 6
PHONE the school and ask to speak to the Exams Office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending