The Student Room Group

Is Elon Musk right? AI will replace all jobs?

Is Elon Musk right? AI will replace all jobs? How will we survive then?
Reply 1
have you seen the first Matrix movie?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by harrybrown101

Yes Richard, some will survive by harnessing AI.
Others will struggle to eat.
Original post by Quady
Yes Richard, some will survive by harnessing AI.
Others will struggle to eat.

Damnit I knew something seemed familiar and extremely tunnel visioned :rolleyes:
Reply 4
The utopia is just around the corner…..

https://youtu.be/s-kdRdzxdZQ?feature=shared
Reply 5
Original post by Thislife100121

I am sure they said in the 60s that automation through computing would put everyone out of work by the 80s just as mechanical automation was no doubt going to rid the world of factory workers by the 60s.

I don't buy the AI craze. It isn't intelligent and is very edge case. The day AI starts working is the day I start seeing adverts that interest me and they still haven't worked that out.

It feels like AI is the current hype that is not dissimilar to putting 'i' Infront of words in the 2000s.
(edited 5 months ago)
Firstly, we don't actually have true artificial intelligence at the moment, 'AI' is used as a marketing tactic for machine learning products and the like.

Assuming we don't create true AI, then these kinds of products will, in the main, be tools for people to use in their careers rather than outright replacing humans.

If we do create true AI then I agree with Hawking when he said it could "spell the end of the human race". The Guardian did a 'fun' article on a number of ways that could be the case: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/07/five-ways-ai-might-destroy-the-world-everyone-on-earth-could-fall-over-dead-in-the-same-second

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending