The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Software development - university of Surrey

Hi there, I was wondering is surrey uni a good uni if I want to go into a software development career in the future? I was looking at the year 3 modules in the computer science course and there's very little related to it but in year 1 and 2 there are a lot. Would it be not wise to go here?
Original post by clusterhug02
Hi there, I was wondering is surrey uni a good uni if I want to go into a software development career in the future? I was looking at the year 3 modules in the computer science course and there's very little related to it but in year 1 and 2 there are a lot. Would it be not wise to go here?

Hello :smile:

I applied to my course at Surrey on the basis that I read the content and modules very carefully, compared them with other universities, and decided I really enjoyed what was being offered by the uni. That, together with Surrey's commitment to student wellbeing and development, made me want to apply for my specific course here.

Yes, Surrey is an amazing uni and always does what it can to ensure students are well-rounded and ready for life after graduation but, ultimately, what matters the most is that you read the modules offered in your chosen course and like them enough to justify an application.

Of course, other factors come in, such as student satisfaction and campus location, both of which Surrey has nailed. Guildford is a large town with lots to do, and with 30-min links to London. The uni's main campus is a 10-min walk from the train station and it's 15-min walk to the high street.

Ensure you're interested in what you apply to study, but also that you're at a uni that takes care of you (perhaps look for student reviews too), and a location that gives you lots of freedom, because it's these factors that will play a part in keeping you engaged with your course and other students, helping you to finish your degree.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending