The Student Room Group

Can I work at the World Health Org with a psychology degree?

Hi!

Im currently in my second year of undergrad psychology bsc, and I'm starting to think about what masters I'd like to pursue after I graduate. I have a health psychology module, and a lot of what we learn is from and surrounds the world health organisation and I find it fascinating the work they do. Do you think I'd be able to go into this in the future? what career path would I have to take/masters route?

any help or guidance would be much appreciated!
Original post by studyholmes
Hi!

Im currently in my second year of undergrad psychology bsc, and I'm starting to think about what masters I'd like to pursue after I graduate. I have a health psychology module, and a lot of what we learn is from and surrounds the world health organisation and I find it fascinating the work they do. Do you think I'd be able to go into this in the future? what career path would I have to take/masters route?

any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

You can absolutely work in the WHO with a psychology degree - see this current WHO job advert which specifies they want a degree relating to mental health. Psychology is included on the list of acceptable degrees :smile:

I would know absolutely nothing on how to get there though, but some general advice: don't expect to go work for the WHO right after you finish your masters (but try anyway if you can), you'll probably need to work doing other things to gather experience for a while, and I'd also suggest to look at other organisations that are involved in similar lines of work and who might hire people with a psychological background.

Quick Reply

Latest