The Student Room Group

Foundation year for Fashion Design

I am in my second year of A-Levels and looking to do a fashion design degree next year. Will it be helpful to do a foundation year? Will I struggle if I don’t? I have done A-Level fashion and textiles which has aided my practical skills but I do still struggle with some things. I don’t know if I will fall behind without a foundation year and whether most people will have one.
It might be helpful just to build up mor experience but I’d say it’s not necessary! Good luck❤️
Original post by niamhnicol
I am in my second year of A-Levels and looking to do a fashion design degree next year. Will it be helpful to do a foundation year? Will I struggle if I don’t? I have done A-Level fashion and textiles which has aided my practical skills but I do still struggle with some things. I don’t know if I will fall behind without a foundation year and whether most people will have one.

Have a read of the Foundation Diploma FAQ thread at the top of the art and design forum. You can apply for BA courses through UCAS and also FAD courses directly and decide what to do in August.

Quick Reply

Latest