The Student Room Group

Changing course as 2nd degree

Hi,
I recently started studying a BSc in Mental Health Nursing at Birmingham City University, this is my second degree after studying a BA in English Lit & Creative Writing and I receive full funding for it due to it being an ELQ exemption course.

I'm not enjoying the Mental Health Nursing course, and was wondering if I were able to switch to BSc Psychology (Part Time) at BCU would those 5 years be fully funded? (tuition and maintenance loan)
Original post by Lolsde11
Hi,
I recently started studying a BSc in Mental Health Nursing at Birmingham City University, this is my second degree after studying a BA in English Lit & Creative Writing and I receive full funding for it due to it being an ELQ exemption course.

I'm not enjoying the Mental Health Nursing course, and was wondering if I were able to switch to BSc Psychology (Part Time) at BCU would those 5 years be fully funded? (tuition and maintenance loan)
Hi there. When would you be looking to start this new course? I cannot seem to find a 5 year part time version on the system. There is only a 6 year version. Do you have a course code for this at all? As we would need to check the course to determine what kind of funding it attracts, Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. When would you be looking to start this new course? I cannot seem to find a 5 year part time version on the system. There is only a 6 year version. Do you have a course code for this at all? As we would need to check the course to determine what kind of funding it attracts, Thanks, Leah.
Hi the course code is US0692 if this helps. It would start September 2024
Original post by Lolsde11
Hi the course code is US0692 if this helps. It would start September 2024
Hi there,

That brings up a 3 year version at part time for 23/24. It doesn't yet show the 24/25 part time courses on their database. However, the 3 year one does come under an exception which is eligible for the funding. Once the university updates their 24/25 courses and the 5 year one, we can check to confirm eligibility for this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending