The Student Room Group

Will I get a maintenance loan for a foundation arts diploma?

I want to do a UAL Foundation Diploma in Arts & Design at University of the Arts London and I was wondering if you get a maintenance loan?

As If there is no maintenance loan I won’t be able to travel there or have money for accommodation. And being 18, there’s no tuition fee
There’s no maintenance loan.

If you’re from a low income family then they might be able to help you with a bursary but it’s unlikely to cover all your costs - especially at london prices.

This is why most students who aren’t rich take a FAD course at their local college or university.
Reply 2
Original post by UEA Rep Tiffany
Hello @1471z

Yes you can get a maintenance loan ! Student finance can cover up to 4 years, which can include a foundation year. Depending on your family’s income the amount you can get will vary.

Check out the student finance calculator here and other questions feel free to ask. ☺️

Tiffany

Tiffany,

Please make sure you dont give incorrect advice, this is for a foundation diploma not degree, its not the same thing.

Greg
Original post by UEA Rep Tiffany
Hello @1471z

Yes you can get a maintenance loan ! Student finance can cover up to 4 years, which can include a foundation year. Depending on your family’s income the amount you can get will vary.

Check out the student finance calculator here and other questions feel free to ask. ☺️

Tiffany

As above this is incorrect. A FAD is not eligible for HE funding. It’s classed as FE study and funded that way.

Also HE funding isn’t limited to 4 years. Architecture students are eligible for up to 8 years of funding, medics can get between 6 and 8 depending on whether they intercalate and take a foundation year, engineering students are frequently on 5 or 6 year long courses and are eligible for funding for the length of their course plus a gift year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending