The Student Room Group

Working Out Degree Classification

Hello!
I'm just wondering if anyone could help me estimate my degree classification and what I need for my goals.

My degree is split: 2nd year (worth 30%), Final year (worth 70%).
Each year has 6 units with 2 exams within each unit.
Each exam is worth 50% of the unit.

For my second year I averaged 63%.
For my final year (as of writing) I have completed 1 exam within 2 of the units (62 and 58 respectively). What is the average that I need to achieve a first or upper second? (60 - 70%)?

Thank you very much in advance!
Original post by mdmdmdmd
Hello!
I'm just wondering if anyone could help me estimate my degree classification and what I need for my goals.

My degree is split: 2nd year (worth 30%), Final year (worth 70%).
Each year has 6 units with 2 exams within each unit.
Each exam is worth 50% of the unit.

For my second year I averaged 63%.
For my final year (as of writing) I have completed 1 exam within 2 of the units (62 and 58 respectively). What is the average that I need to achieve a first or upper second? (60 - 70%)?

Thank you very much in advance!

You'd need to average 73 in third year to get 70 overall (a first) and 58.72 to average 60 (a 2.1).

Note: This doesn't include your most recent marks, but they don't really make much difference.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
You'd need to average 73 in third year to get 70 overall (a first) and 58.72 to average 60 (a 2.1).

Note: This doesn't include your most recent marks, but they don't really make much difference.

Oh perfect! Thank you very much! Looks like I have a lot of work cut out for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending